Are you wondering how to get Google Meet for PC?
Then you are in the right place. Check out this post and learn how to download Google Meet for PC Windows and Mac easily.
What is Google Meet?
Video conferencing apps are growing in popularity as the pandemic keeps people indoors.
After apps like Zoom and Cisco Webex dominated the market, Google launched its own Google Meet. It comes with the G Suite program, but it’s also free to use Formerly called Google Hangouts Meet.
It is suitable for personal or small use as even the paid version can only support 250 members at a time and is unsuitable for large companies.
Classrooms, especially the 100-member free version, are helpful because classrooms are generally much smaller.
Best Features of Google Meet
Following are some of the best features of the Google Meet App:
Users can select from several different layouts as per their preference, including multi-tiled, sidebar, and spotlight while altering the number of participants in multi-tiled layouts.
The Meet app makes it simple to share your screen and any content on it with just a click, making it easy to present and display.
Google Meet comes with a very useful feature called Google Subtitles. Most commonly seen on YouTube videos, this feature will convert voices into subtitles, so it makes it easier to understand what someone is saying when there is noise.
Noise-canceling technology in G Suite allows users to dampen any background noise that enters the microphone, thereby reducing the level of background noise in calls.
Ease of Use
The UI of Google Meet is so simple that even technophobes can probably get used to it right away, especially since it doesn’t have any complicated settings or functions. Once you find the right link to a meeting, you can start or join the meeting and get to work right away.
How to download Google Meet for PC?
Follow the steps below to download Google Meet for PC:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to the Google Meet website: meet.google.com
- If you don’t have a Google account, create one by clicking on “Use a different account” and then “Create an account.”
- Once you have logged in to your Google account, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the page and select “Install Google Meet.”
- Click on the “Download” button to download the Google Meet installer.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install Google Meet on your PC.
- Once the installation is complete, you can open Google Meet by clicking on the “Start” menu and searching for “Google Meet.”
Alternatively, you can download Google Meet from the Microsoft Store or the Mac App Store:
- Open the Microsoft Store or the Mac App Store on your PC.
- Search for “Google Meet” in the store.
- Click on the “Install” button to download and install Google Meet on your PC.
- Once you have installed Google Meet on your PC, you can use it to join or host video meetings with your colleagues, friends, or family.
That’s all about how to download the Google Meet app for PC. Feel free to leave a comment if you run into any problems downloading the app.