Wondering how to recover deleted messages from Whatsapp? Check out this post and learn about the easy ways to recover deleted messages from Whatsapp.
Whatsapp is the number one texting application that replaced the traditional texting service from our mobile carrier.
It became very popular when it was bought by Facebook for $19 billion.
Here, you can learn how to recover deleted messages from Whatsapp.
How To Recover Deleted Messages From Whatsapp
At times, you may have deleted the application or done a factory reset without taking the backup of the data.
After reinstalling the app, you find only the empty screen.
It might have some important chat conversations.
You think it is impossible to get back those deleted messages. However, there is a workaround to retrieve those deleted messages from Whatsapp.
By following the steps given below, you can get back those deleted messages.
This process can also be done by connecting our mobile to the PC.
Steps To Recover Deleted Messages From Whatsapp
1. First, you need to navigate to the location where Whatsapp is stored on your device. Normally, it will be SD card>Whatsapp>Database (you can use any File explorer app to open the system files of your device).
2. There you can find chat files with names like msgstore-2014-01-04.1. But, you need to find the file which does not have any dates on it. The one which you need to find is msgstore.db.crypt.
3. After finding that file, you just need to add any word before the file name msgstore.db.crypt. For example, my.msgstore.db.crypt.
4. After renaming that file, we find to find the file which was the latest before you deleted the app. Then, you need to rename it as msgstore.db.crypt.
5. The final step is clearing the app data by navigating to the path Settings>Applications>Manage applications>Whatsapp.
Once we open the app, it will prompt for restoration. Just click Restore.
The chat file msgstore.db.crypt which contains our conversations will be restored and the messages too.
That’s all about recovering deleted messages from Whatsapp. There are many methods available online. But this is one of the easiest methods.